Saturday, July 31, 2010

Terra Nova

Hey guys!

Well, this week's been....a little hectic. First off, the wedding. There were some problems going down with the papers and now the wedding will be postponed for 3 weeks or so. It's been kinda rough, especially since the family has invited relatives from the middle of nowhere in the Amazon to come see the wedding. I still don't know what's going on, but I'm trying my best to keep all the parties happy. After I told Bishop, he got very upset...it reminded me of a child actually, but I'm trying to work through everything and keep everyone happy. I actually got frustrated these past couple days because of it. Lots of phone calls and nervous people. I like doing weddings and baptizing full families, but weddings are tons of work...and it's kinda killing me. So, I have no idea what will happen, but please just pray for my sanity...it would be appreciated.

Life as DL is kinda fun, a little more hectic though. Especially now that the missonary dept is making world-wide changes in the training of new missionaries. So, now as a DL, next week I'll have meetings for 4 days in a row. Even p-day. I just hope my area doesn't get burned while I'm in meetings all week long. But, we had a fun district meeting on Monday. We started with a little game and had breakfast. I have a pretty fun district, which is nice. I've alrady done 2 baptismal interviews and it looks like I'll have another one or 2 this week. Fun stuff.


On Saturday we helped the stake in a service project,"Helping Hands..." and we planted some açai tress. It was pretty chill. A lot of people went and there weren't tons of tools, but we ended up planting 5 or 6 trees and had a pretty good time. Throw in the free breakfast and it was perfect...

So, in addition to my Berimbau training, our friend Nirol (the less active who is a capoeira master and crazy Amazon hunter) made me a sweet blow dart gun. It's pretty legit actually. He even taught me how to make the poison that the Indians use in the Amazon. I don't really know when I'd actually make it, but at least I know how. He also told us some crazy amazon hunting stories, like him killing a jaguar with a bow and arrow. We asked him about some crazy looking spider that we saw in our house this week and he informed us that the little spider we saw, is one of the most dangerous in the region and can actually kill a man. Pretty sweet huh? This weeks activity with Nirol, we'll be making bows and arrows...this guy is so legit!

That's pretty much what's going on though....trying to work hard and find another family to baptize. Or set up another wedding. I hope that everything is well with you guys. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Eric C. Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment