Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Nova Esperanca


My mission is coming to a close

Well, this was a good week. All of our investigators preparing for baptism went to church. We have 2 dates for my last weekend here, so I should go out baptizing! I'm excited. We are teaching some good people and I feel really gratified in the work. We also have a wedding and baptism set up for later this month, so I'm leaving something for the next guy that shows up. I feel really good about the way I'm finishing my mission. I'm glad that we are having some success and that our work is paying off.

So, life goes on....working hard until the end.

I'm kind of getting some mixed emotions about going home. I'll write a better email next week, but it's the mix of excitement, sadness, pure joy, and missing all at the same time. Like I said, I'll write a better email about it next week, but it's all kind of a surreal feeling....

Today I visited Laranjeiras. Some members made a churrasco for us and we just hung out eating and talking. I'm going to visit the other 2 areas in Manaus this week where I passed. It's fun to go back and see some old friends. Elder Woolf (one of my comps from Laranjeiras) and I just sat and talked about the times we spent in that area. Like I said, it's kinda surreal and it's amazing how fast the time goes by. I was blessed though to have some good friends on the mission and some really fun times.

I really don't have too much to say. Next week I plan on writing a really good, long email. But, today, I just don't have too much to say. Just the same. Working hard, trying to get ready to go home, and just enjoying life...Time goes by quick....

I love my mission

Anyway, I promise a great email next week. Be prepared. Know I love you and miss you and see you soon!

Love,
-Elder Eric Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment