Thursday, December 31, 2009

Porto Velho


Hey Guys,
P-day again! Things have gone well since I talked to you on Christmas. We had a baptism on Sunday. The man was really prepared, ready to be baptized, and everything went really well. It's fun to see investigators really understand and love the gospel and the church. Speaking of that, we have another baptism this Sunday for a man who is, also, ready and prepared. It had been a week or 2 since we visited him, with the Christmas season stuff, so we were a little worried. But, we met with him last night and he's doing really well. He's reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning and is really understanding everything. This should be another good Sunday. We're trying hard to find another family to teach. We have a baptismal date for a lady, but not her husband...yet. We just started teaching him. Oh yeah, guess what else we're marking this week... Another wedding! Whoo! It probably won't happen this transfer because it takes 30-40 days to get authorization. So, the work is going well.

We only talked like 5 days ago...but it seems longer than that. The rainy season is here. It rains almost everyday. A lot. It's difficult to dry laundry. It rains for a few hours, then is way hot and humid, and then rains some more... The lame thing is that when it rains, life stops. If it rains on a Sunday morning, nobody will be at church. Even some really active families. It can be frustrating at times. It's just rain! I guess I am from Seattle...but still.










Here's some pictures from encontra das aguas.
I only have a few. Elder Christensen (who is probably on some plane going home right now) made me a CD and I should get it in a week or so. The trip was great, I loved it. I'll have to admit, after going back to Manaus, I didn't want to come back to Porto Velho. Nobody in our entire zone got transferred. Nobody. I think it's because the mission spent so much money to fly us all to the Christmas conference. Anyway, I'll send more pics later.

Sorry this letter is short. Not too much has gone on since Christmas. Have a good week. Love you guys!

-Elder Eric Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment