Thursday, July 15, 2010

Terra Nova

Hey guys,

Well. it's been a good week. I love being on the mish. There are some days that I do wish I was just home already, but I’m honestly loving life, and loving the chance I have to be here on the mission....

So, I’m emailing a little bit late. The LAN (internet) houses in our area just randomly close down. And I don’t have too much time. So...we'll see how long this is. But overall this week went well. I’ve gotten all the wedding papers and most of the money (we'll have to help out a little bit to pay for it...) for one of our investigator couples, and everything is looking good. The members are excited and the ward ard is excited. I guess we'll see if I’m still here for it though. We did mark another baptism date on Monday of a young man from some random "interior" of Manaus. Sounds like he’s from the middle of nowhere....The work goes on....

Only thing is I’m not sure if I’ll be here for the wedding. We find out about transfers on Saturday...and it’s possible that I’ll leave. I’m not really sure what I want. I’d be happy staying or leaving. So I guess it really doesn’t matter too much. I’m anxious to find out though.

Yesterday I was on a division with my zone leader. It went pretty well. Only problem is that our house was robbed. We left one of the back windows open and they reached through the metal bars and jacked some stuff. Luckily they didn’t get into the house, but they stole my Zone Leaders backpack and wallet and another Elder’s MP3 player....They didn’t get any of my stuff. But it’s just frustrating. We're praying they don’t come back again and break into our house this time....Considering our neighbors have been robbed at gunpoint....we're just praying for the best...

So, today we had a churrasco and played soccer all day. I actually got a little sunburned. It was legit though. But I brought my BBQ sauce, ranch, and Red Robin seasoning. My district now loves all you guys. The Americans especially send their love and thanks. BBQ sauce pretty much just blew some of the Brazilians minds. So unfortunate that some of them had never tried it before. But it was sweet. So thanks guys!

Also, speaking of food. On Sunday my comp and I made a legit spaghetti. with meat sauce and everything. So good! It's been such a long time. The Brazilians that we live with are repeatedly amazed by American food....

Other than that life is pretty much the same. Just working hard and having a good time. Elder Wolfe is really coming along with his Portuguese. He’s making me proud. Gotta live up to the fam tradition of speaking well. It was fun though to go an entire day again without speaking English when I was with my ZL. I miss the days where I never spoke English.....But yeah. Hope all is going well with you guys. Have a great week. Love you!

-Elder Eric Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment