Sunday, October 24, 2010

Laranjeiras

Well, it's been another good week. We've marked another baptism date for early next month for a guy that stopped us on the street. He didn't make it to church on Sunday, but we hope that he'll go this Sunday and progress more. We also marked another wedding, but it's for December. It's a little ways off, but should be really good. So, we are doing some decent work and are hoping to see some more success in the area...

This week I taught the Principles of the Gospel class, as usual. It went well, I guess. The topic was the law of chastity and I don't think anyone visiting (or member, or even my comp...) made any comments or responded to any of my questions. Let's just say it's a tough croud.... But, they keep coming to church...so hopefully I'm doing an alright job.

I've also been recruited as primary pianist. Actually, our ward doesn't even have a piano, it's a cheap organ that sounds terrible. Too bad I don't remember how to read bass clef. So, I just play the treble clef and they are happy about it. But, I practiced with the kids all Sunday and have another practice on Saturday this week. Looks like I'm going to be busy practicing with them for the next few weeks. Let's just say I've gained a greater appreciation for anyone that works in Primary.

Today, we played soccer for the first time in 6 weeks. I was a little out of my groove. But, it was still fun to run around a bit. We are preparing for Thanksgiving and have already marked to play football in a week or two, then have a Turkey Bowl right before Thanksgiving. Should be tight. But after soccer, we made tacos and avacado smoothies. Legit.



I went on a division this week with one of my zone leaders. It was pretty chill and we had a good time. It was nice to speak in Portuguese the entire day. We also had a district meeting and made a goal for every companionship to mark a baptismal date for an investigator every week. We'll see what goes down, but we are hoping to try and get this part of the city baptizing better...

Still no camera....I bet it'll show up in the next few weeks though....But thanks for the emails! Hope all is well with you guys. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Eric Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment