Monday, January 25, 2010

Porto Velho, Rondonia

Hey guys!

Well, it's P-day again. We just got done playing basketball and soccer with our zone. It was a fun time. I can't wait to play sports again where it's not burning hot every second.

We have a potential baptism this week. It's a lady that has a testimony of everything, but doesn't always go to church. Even active ward members don't go because of rain. Maybe it's just because I grew up in Seattle, but you wouldn't think rain is THAT big of a deal. But, I'm praying everything goes well with this baptism. It feels like it's been a while since we've had one. I guess about 3 weeks ago...

On Sunday, our stake went on a bus trip to the temple and got back Sunday night. Our lunch got put on the bus. So, we were left without lunch. So, we got together with the other elder's (who's lunch left, too) and threw together all the food we had. Our lunch consisted of noodles, popcorn, and the brownies that you sent me, and Kool-Aid. Solid lunch. It made for a pretty fun time and some members fed us throughout the day. It didn't turn out too bad and the brownies definately turned out well!

I got a little sunburned this week. Freaking sun. Our area is massive! We got a reference of someone that lives on the far edge of our area. It was the first time that Elder de Jesus and I had headed out that far. It was a 2 hour walk, and when we arrived....he wasn't home! But, we left a note inviting him to church. He actually came on Sunday. He had class or work or something, but it was cool that he came by (in the rain...) just to say that he wouldn't make it. He will come next Sunday for sure. So, looks like there could be some potential there. Cool guy...

Monday I went on a division with Elder Olsen, an American from Utah, who is heading home in about 3 weeks. It was fun. We worked hard. His area is pretty cool. We went to some houses that look like they're completely surrounded by rainforest. Kinda cool...

This week we have zone conference! I haven't gotten my camera yet, but it might come with the assistants from Manaus. If they have room....but I'm stoked. Zone conference always makes for a good time. And... it means letters! Hopefully I'll get some....

To respond to your concerns, yes, I'm doing fine. Sometimes I get a little frustrated with the area, but overall, I'm enjoying it here. I'm growing to like my ward and the people here. Hope you guys have a good week, and talk to you next week. Tchao!

-Elder Eric Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment