Monday, March 21, 2011

Laranjeiras


Hey guys,

We are going to have a baptism this weekend for a girl that's friends with a member of the ward. She's actually pretty cool, her name is Mariana. She reads the Book of Mormon every day, goes to seminary, and has gone to church for over a month. So, it should go really well. I'm stoked.

My district was kind of sick this week. Two of the Elders got dengue fever and one of them also has a pretty ugly cough. So, Elder Lewis and I went over one day this week and tried to help them out. I'm so glad that I'm healthy though....Dengue doesn't sound too fun.

So, last week I was able to hang out with my trainer, Christensen. It was so much fun! We went out to lunch and just sat and talked for a while. He said I should work with him at the MTC in Provo after the mish. We also might take a volleyball class together or something. But, it was way fun to catch up and stuff. He still speaks really well. It was a good time and a fun P-day.

Today we played soccer. It's been a while since I had played. I'm a little sunburned now, but it happens....


Well, transfers go down this week. I'm curious to see what's going to happen. I'm almost positive I'm going to leave this time....but, I dont know. At this point, I don't want to leave the city. I'd really like to end my mission in Manaus, so even if I do get transferred, I want to stay here in the city. I'll let you know what happens. All of the brush areas are pretty much closed. We only have elders in the capitals of the 4 states. Oh, I met an RM that knew Sister Hart. He just returned home to Manaus last week. Little connection...

Well, that's pretty much my week. Sorry for the short email. I just really can't think of too much exciting or different that happened. Hope you guys have a great week. Love you!

-Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment