Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nova Esperanca


This has been an eventful week. I got transferred. I stayed in my same zone and I'm now in Nova Esperança. It's probably the richest area in the mission. The temple is in my area, as well as the nicest hotel in the city. My area goes right up to the river, it's pretty cool. Just a huge area. My companion is Elder A. Soares and we're the Zone Leaders. I'm glad to have stayed in my same zone. We've already got some cool people to teach and we'll work to have some good success this transfer.

It was a little sad saying 'goodbye' to everyone in Laranjeiras. On Sunday, I showed up and Bishop's councilor told me that one of the speakers wasn't going to show up. He asked me to talk on faith. People told me that it went well. I then took a minute to say goodbye to everyone and to bear my testimony. And of course, I played piano for the meeting and taught the Principles of the Gospel class. It was a busy Sunday, but it was fun.

On Monday, I said goodbye to the rest of the ward. We had a family night with the family that I lived with and a few other members. I think we got fed more food in the 2 days after I said I was going to get transferred than the rest of the 5 transfers...

I'm stoked for this transfer. It's been a year since I've had a Brazilian companion and Elder A. Soares is tight. We already get along great. So, I'm excited for this time.

Anyway, that's pretty much what went down this week. I feel like my emails keep getting shorter, but I feel like I'm running outta things to talk about. It's weird, I'm on my 2nd to last transfer. That means just 12 more weeks. It's gone by really fast! Crazy! But, have a great week! Love you guys!


-Elder Eric Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment