Thursday, June 3, 2010

Terra Nova



What's up guys?

Sou eu! So yeah. We had a pretty good week. Marking baptisms and weddings and such. Just the life. It looks like on June 13th that we'll have 3 baptisms (3 teenage girls....) and we marked another wedding for July. Not too bad. It's usually against my personal principles to teach a lot of teenage girls, but they were references from members, so what can I do? The ward seems pretty appreciative about it. I'm getting a lot of support from the members and leadership, which is great. Yesterday, when I mentioned we marked another wedding, I was asked if I was trying to beat the record of Elder Davies (he was here about a year ago and had tons of weddings). I responded, "sure, why not?" Another member said, "I don't get how you guys baptize so many people and have so many baptism dates set. You are 2 Americans who can't even speak Portuguese straight!" It was meant for a joke...but it's nice getting support from people in the ward.

I've been really impressed with the last couples that were married. Especially one woman that was baptized. She asked me this week if she can start having family night with her family even though she hasn't been confirmed yet. I love that! One of the families has already made a goal to never miss a day of church this year and made a goal to go to the temple here in a years time. So cool! I love these guys!

So, Elder Wolfe is coming along with the Portuguese. I'm trying to help him and be a good trainer. I sometimes forget how hard it was to learn, but I'm trying to help. He's good though and here in a few months he'll speak well. I feel like my Portuguese isn't as good as it was a few weeks ago because I speak English with him a lot. I can still say everything, but it takes a little longer to think in Portuguese again...He's a good guy though and really has a desire to work hard.


Our NEW CHAPEL





Sunday was stake conference here. It was cool. Pres and Sister spoke. Not a ton of people went, but it was still cool. We are teaching a lot of lessons and have a lot of people to teach. We are working a lot with referrals and teaching a lot.

It's starting to turn into summer again, and it's getting hot! In August and September it will get a lot hotter. I'm not looking forward to it.



Our lunch appt fell through last week. So we got together with some other Elders and made Mexican food! I finally found something that resembles a tortilla, so we made it with the taco mix you sent and everything. It turned out so good! The Brazilians were impressed. I can honestly say it was one of the best meals on my mish!



We have transfers on Saturday. I'm pretty much positive that I'll stay here. It's possible I'll leave, but really not likely. Our district leader is probably leaving, and at our district meeting this week we took bets who the new one would be.

Anyway, that's pretty much what went down this week. I've got Elder Wolfe hooked on avocado smoothies and açai. Hope all is well. Have a great week.
Love you guys!

-Elder Eric Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment