Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Terra Nova

Hey guys!

Well, it’s been another great week on the mish. Life is going well. We are trying to find new people and families that we can teach and baptize. It still looks like we are good for our wedding next month though, which is good. Soon, I’ll have to start getting all the papers and everything. I wonder if I’ll even still be here to see it. Transfers go down in 2 and a half weeks, and probabilities are that I m leaving. I guess anything could happen and I wouldn’t mind staying here a little longer, but I think I’ll soon be ready for a little change of scenery.

The World Cup has really affected the work here. I was told of the US loss and I have to say that I’m proud of them. I was pretty upset though....but, what can I expect? I feel like all of my sports teams (BYU) lose. Soon I might just have to give up on sports.... I know this probably sounds terrible, but I’m not rooting for Brazil to win...After tons of comments about how the US didn’t make it...I’m sorry but, I honestly can’t say I want brazil to win. Of course in front of my Brazilian friends I love the Brazilian team...but deep inside, my heart cries when they make a goal. We'll see what goes down though. Also, the last game is at 2:30 on Sunday here. Considering church is at 3, that just wouldn’t go over well. Germany...lets see some work!

So, yesterday we had interviews with Pres. I love that guy! He drilled everyone on obedience and diligence though. But, we had a nice long chat. I like interviews, and mine usually end up going for a while, just because I like to sit and chat with Pres. He told me about when he decided to marry Sister Jayme and I asked him a few random doctrine questions. When I told him I just have one more year on the mish he replied, "me too Elder Stapley!" I’ll be his last group of missionaries. But, he told me I can only speak Portuguese with Elder Wolfe on the road. Its kinda frustrating, because I’ll need to explain a lot of the things that I’m saying...but if Pres said it....I gotta do it. So, we'll see how that goes.

Training is a lot of fun, but at the same time I’m exhausted....I think this last year and all the walking has been taking its toll on me. I also think I’m killing my comp sometimes. Apparently I "walk fast," which is news to me....I guess I’m just getting used to the mission life.

Today we played soccer for like 3 or 4 hours. Good stuff. Of course, I rep my "Messi" jersey. But, next week, its official. Football! Not fútebol....Football!! American. The zone is going to have a party and one of the Americans has a ball. There are only like 10 Americans in the zone, of which probably only 8 will play. But, I’m pretty stoked. One of the Elders played college football...so we're going to try and get a legit game going. I’m feeling a sweet touchdown. Considering I can still catch....Hopefully soccer is rubbing off too much on me.


As an FYI, we have a tradition in our mission of burning something once we hit the one year mark. I burned one of my worn out shirts.

Well other than that, life is going well. Just pretty much the same old stuff. I hope all is going well with you guys. Have a great week!

Love
Elder Eric C. Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment