Friday, April 1, 2011

Nova Esperanca

Hey guys,

Life here with Elder Soares is fun. He's from Curitiba and is way cool! You guys haven't seen pics of him, but I'll see if i can send one. We played football and took a group pic. He's way chill and goes home in August. He's animated and we are working really hard.

So, this area is really rich. I'm just being blown away. Just an idea, my lunch yesterday was at a house worth more than R$2 million....and that's not even the richest member of the ward. There are a lot of members who have been in the church for a long time. Mom, I'm not as "needed" here as in my last area. I didn't play the piano, I didn't give a talk or teach the principles of the gospel class this week. And, we actually have a nice chapel. It was nice being in the chapel again. There is even a Brazilian who plays the piano. It's weird to go from doing everything to doing nothing....

We had a ward activity this week. "Crazy dish (food) night." Everyone had to make some weird kind of food and there was a little competition to see who could make something weird that still tasted good. Being poor missionaries, we just bought sardines, mayo, and bread We uncrusted the bread, mixed the sardines and the mayo, and made a tower of the sandwiches with toothpicks. Appetizing huh? Even I didn't eat it. But, the members thought we were hilarious....so I guess it went well....

We are working hard and having a good time. It's weird living with a Brazilian again. It's been a full year! We teach well together and it's nice not having to worry about the language. I'm enjoying the mish.

Anyways, hope that you guys are all doing well! Have a great week! Love you!
-Elder Eric Stapley

Only 10 more emails!

No comments:

Post a Comment