Sunday, May 22, 2011

Nova Esperanca



Hey guys,

Well, I guess time flies....I'm hanging in there. We are working really hard, being really obedient, and I can honestly say I'm doing my best. We've got a lot of people that we're teaching and like 3 families that are way legit. They just have to get married. I'm hoping to baptize before I leave...but, I'm not SURE that it'll happen. I'm working hard for it though. We are starting to get more trust from the members and we have a good teaching group. The life goes on....


I'm getting kinda tired though....I've been sick all this week. There are a few pluses of being in the richest area in Manaus though. I could barely talk when I was at church and wasn't doing so hot. A few members noticed and that night I got a call from some members saying they were in the front of our house. They brought medicine, real milk (not like the powdered milk I drink....) juice, a huge box of cereal and a big chocolate bar. The next night some other members brought me other medicine, and more food. It's nice to know that someone cares and takes care of us....But, I'm feeling mostly better now. I'm hangin in....

We played some P-day basketball today. It seems weird, but I think that's one of the things that I'll most miss after the mish. Playing some P-day sports with a great group of friends. I think I have more friends here than I'll have at home....that's kinda a weird thought. It's crazy that Brian gets home next week though!!! I miss him....I've been blessed with a really great group of friends here on the mish....


So, yeah. Life goes on. I'm teaching and enjoying it. I'm working hard and it's kinda wearing me out. But, I'll be able to say that from the start to end of my mission, I didn't stop working. I haven't been perfect and sometimes I wish I could start my mish over with the knowledge and experience I have now, but from start to the end, I never stopped working....

Miss you guys. I printed out my plane ticket yesterday and taped it over my study desk. Probably not the best idea, but, it prepares me to go home. 27 more days! Love you guys!!

-Elder Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment