Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nova Esperanca

Hey guys,

Well, this was a decent week....We are still working hard. I was asked to give a talk last Sunday on missionary work. I shared Grandpa's Hawaiian folklore story about the pearls and some mission experiences I've had. I talked about Teles and Lucimar in Porto Velho. Everyone told us Teles would never get married or baptized, and now he's the stake young men's president and getting ready to go to the temple. I talked about how the gospel works miracles and changes peoples lives, we just have to have the courage to share our testimonies and light (pearl story reference...) with others. I got some compliments and I feel like it went well.

This Saturday, Elder Christofferson (the apostle) will be here, and we'll have a meeting with him. I'm way excited. It's good that I'm in the city so I'll be able to see him.

We played basketball today. I feel like after 3 weeks of playing, we're all starting to get back in the groove of things. I'm trying to go back home in decent shape. Soares and I made some goals. Me to bulk up, and he wants to get skinnier. So, I'm trying to eat a ton at lunches and we're working out a lot. It's fun.

I saw 3 monkeys the other day. We are going to go on a run this week to the Ponta Negra (the beach right next to the river) and we are going to try and take pics where we saw the monkeys. Should be fun.

We get to pass the temple at least weekly. I think I passed it 5 or 6 times this week. It's coming along well and I can't wait for it to be done! I can't wait to go back to the temple....I'm excited.

Well, that's pretty much it for this week. Just working hard and having a fun time. Miss you guys! Talk to you next week!

Love,
-Elder Eric Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment