Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nova Esperanca

Thanks for the birthday wishes! 21!! I don't really feel that old. But, thanks again for the birthday wishes. caraca, to velho de mais!


Bem, we had a good week this week. The highlight was definitely seeing Elder D. Todd Christofferson. We had a meeting with him on Saturday and I really enjoyed it. We also had Elder Hallstrom of the Pres. of the 70 here, Elder Mazagardi of the 70 and an area 70. So, it was way good! Elder Christofferson talked a lot about our personal relationships with the Savior and what we can do do get to know Him better. I really enjoyed it. I was able to shake their hands and it boosted my testimony that they really are men of God. The other thing that Elder Christofferson said that I really liked was that we can't go back home thinking that now the Lord "owes" us for our work. If anything, we are more in debt to Him for the help He gave us, for the experiences, friends....I really liked his comments. It was a good meeting.

As far as Easter, it wasn't really celebrated here. I was a little let down on Sunday. I don't think I even heard one testimony of the Savior. And the talks were kind of sketch, and I didn't really feel the Spirit at all. Sometimes I think people just try to show off instead of really trying to relay the Spirit, or pass information instead of "edifying..." So, at least I left an Easter message after our lunch and did my best to really feel the Spirit. At Easter we celebrate the most important thing that's happened in the history of the world, so I tried to at least make the day special for me.

We had interviews with President this week. We just talked for a while. He's such a good guy. We talked about having the 'armour of God' and the importance of being obedient. I love Pres!

I did take the chance to ask him what he thinks is going to happen with my area. He said next transfer he's thinking about closing it, putting in sisters, or leaving me and getting a new comp. No matter what I'll be getting a new comp, but I'm curious to see what'll happen. Next week starts my last transfer! I'll let you guys know what happens though. I talked with Sister Carvalho (Shan's companion from Manauus) this week too. I told her that Shannon really liked her as a comp. President and his wife are good friend's with Sister Monterio's family, too. (Shannon's trainer, also from Manaus) Sister Monterio's mother passed away unexpectedly this week. I'm not sure if Shannon knows yet. I'm sending her an email to fill her in.

So, yeah. I'm just enjoying life. Working hard, having fun. Loving the mish and trying to make the best of it. But, miss you guys! Talk to you next week! I will get to skype on Mother's day.

Love,
the birthday boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment